Thursday, June 30, 2011

School's out for the summer!

Better get your toothbrushes out because we have a bunch of sugar for you to sink your teeth into today! Yep...it's time for another fun challenge at Sugar Nellie's Sugar Bowl! I tell ya, I am such a fan of Sugar Nellie stamps...and, just so you know, on July 1st, Funky Kits will debut a whole new batch of sugary stamps and digi images! So be sure you check 'em out! I've seen just a few samples...and let me just say...they're DEEEEELISH! But, please, please leave some for me! OK?

 Now...back to challenge # 63 at the Sugar Bowl...

For this fortnight's challenge, our very own talented DT Sweetie, Erika, has given us a fantabulous sketch...with "Make your own flowers" as the theme!

Cool sketch, huh?! Well...rule breaker that I am, I actually only used ONE flower...but it's a BIG one...so I'll pretend it counts! LOL! I made my funky flower with Magnolia "Doohickey" dies and added a fun little brad from Stampin' Up. Here's my card...and I think it's just adorable! hehehe!


I just love all of Krista Smith's Simply Sassy images...and, of course, Funky Kits is the ONLY place you can get these cutie patooties in rubbah!! This darlin's name is "Winking Student"...and she's available, along with the entire line of Simply Sassy stamps (as well as about a kabillion other fabulous Sugar Nellie stamps and digi images) at Funky Kits. Here are a couple of side views...



I think (although I can't say with absolute certainty) that these DPs are from October Afternoon. Wherever I got them...I need MORE because I love 'em!! The red cardstock is Real Red from Stampin' Up; the matching ribbon is also from SU. I really do enjoy the wider ribbon...makes such deliciously decadent bows! The "friend" stamp is from Rubber Stampede. Here's a peek at the inside...


If you zoom in, you can see that I used a fun "script" embossing folder for the top half. Seemed to fit! I left plenty of room for a personal note...the charm is from my stash (I get most of my charms from Bunny Zoes and from The Charm Barn.)

OK, sugar lovers...you know what comes next, right? It's time to visit the Sugar Bowl and be "wow'd" by my fellow DT Sweeties' paper creations. Then get busy making your own paper masterpiece! Be sure to use a Sugar Nellie stamp or digi image...follow Erika's sketch...and add some flowers that you made with your own two clever little hands. Why? So that you'll be eligible for a fabulous prize, of course! That's right...one lucky participant...selected at random, of course, will win FOUR SUGAR NELLIE STAMPS! An amazing prize, right?! Well...hold onto your hats because it gets better!! If we have 100 participants for this fortnight's challenge, the prize increases to SIX SUGAR NELLIE STAMPS! You can read all about it over at the Sugar Bowl!!

Have a great time crafting sweet friends...and invite your friends to play along too!! Oh...and don't forget to stop by Sugar Nellie's Blog on July 1st. (Yikes...that's TOMORROW!!) for the fun Carnival of Color Blog Hop introducing the new Sugar Nellie stamps!

That's it for me...Thanks so much for visiting...and for always leaving such sweet comments. Enjoy your crafting, my sweets! Sending hugs your way...until next time....