Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's a tuffet?

Well...I'm not entirely sure...but I think Little Miss Muffet, here, is sitting on one...eating curds and whey. Hey...wait a minute...curds and whey?! Are you kidding me?! What language were they using when they wrote that nursery rhyme anyway?! Here's what I think...I think this cutie was sitting on an ottoman eating some oatmeal...and a spider came down...probably because the Housework Fairy hadn't visited in a while...

Soooooo...enough silliness...what? No way! One can never have too much silliness in life!! But...I digress...it's Thursday and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2!! Lisa is our "Hostess with the Mostest" again this week...and she's decided that we should all make some kind of paper project (card, 3D project, etc.) inspired by a book or a story...so here's what I came up with....


Now, I'm pretty sure that a Nursery Rhyme is just a teeny, tiny story with words that rhyme...so, in my mind, it fits this week's theme! hehehehe!! Here are a couple of side views...



I used Very Vanilla  and Chocolate Chip cardstock from Stampin' Up...and some delightful DPs from Prima's "Jack & Jill" collection. The Very Vanilla seam binding is also from SU; pearls came from my stash. Those gorgeous flowers and that beautiful 14 karat gold filagree corner (just checking to see if you were paying attention! LOL!!) came from one of my fave online stores, Wild Orchids Crafts! here's a peek at the inside...the "milk 'n sugar" charm came from the Charm Barn.

 

It's been a while since I made a pocket card...so I thought it would be fun to add a pocket and a tag...I used one of my Marianne Designs "Creatables" tag dies. And...here's a close-up of the sentiment (from Stampin' Up)...which is just a wee bit whimsical!


So, there ya go, my lovelies! Now it's your turn. Put on your thinking caps and come up with a card or paper project inspired by a book or a story. Be sure to use a Mo Manning image...check out Mo's online store...there are so many fun images that will work! Then enter your paper "masterpiece" into this week's challenge at Mo's DP2. And guess what else? One lucky participant, selected at random, will win a free Mo Manning digi image!! How cool is that?! But before you start crafting...be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 and take a peek at what my clever DT sisters have created for this week's inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what kind of trouble I've been up to...and thanks for your sweet comments on my cards. Sending hugs your way...until next time....