Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Holiday Card...

I'm really getting a jump on my holiday cards! You just don't know how out of character it is for me to work this far ahead on a project!! Just ask anyone who knows me...I've gotten PROCRASTINATION down to a fine science!! LOL!! Sooooooo...enough about my character flaws...here's a cute little card I put together for this Sugar Bowl Challenge!


Our theme is "Lace"...and we have the coolest sketch by Kiki...check it out....


I must tell you, I had such a fun time with this card...I used a stamp from one of my fave Sugar Nellie collections...called Simply Sassy...and they're from the most talented artist, Krista Smith! This little Sassy is named "Tammy"...and she's available - along with the whole line of Sugar Nellie stamps and digi images from Funky Kits...a fun little online store in Scotland. Here's a close up of this sassy little darlin'....


I used Copics and Prismacolor pencils for added depth. Cardstock and seam binding are both "Cherry Cobbler"...from Stampin' Up. DPs are from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses collection.


That gorgeous doily die is from Cheery Lynn, the lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the flower is from Magnoli-licious.


The snow is Polar Ice Flower Soft...and the little pom on Tammy's hat is made with Liquid Applique. The entire card got a healthy helping of Sheer Shimmer Spritz from Tsukineko. Here's a peek at the inside...


That big snowflake is a Sizzix die...the little snowflakes were made with a Martha Stewart punch...and I made the scallop corners with one of my fancy scallop scissors. hehehe! The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley....here's a close up...


So...you DO know what comes next, right? Now it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a few moments to drool over the gorgeous creations by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then...pull out your art supplies and get busy creating your own card or paper project for this fortnight's challenge. Who knows...you may just be selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie.

Our prize for this challenge is....
your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps...
but if we have 100 entries, the prize changes from four to SIX Sugar Nellie stamps!
Whoohoo! So, be sure to play...and invite your crafty friends!!

Thank you so much for stopping by...and for your kind comments that always make me smile!! Sending sweet sugar hugs...until next time....