Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vintage Fall...

Please scroll down for today's Magnolia-licious Challenge DT project!

Hello my "Sassy" friends! I can't believe it's Tuesday already!! Time seems to be flying by!! And I'm soooo excited that it's Autumn!! My fave time of year!! But, I digress. Let's talk about our weekly challenge, shall we? Oh...wait a second...before we get to this week's challenge, I just have to share some really fabulous news with you! We're making some fun changes at Sassy Cheryl's that you will definitely want to know...

New Challenge Rules... 
  • You do not have to use a Sassy Cheryl image to enter our weekly challenge (although we certainly love when you do!)...
  • You DO need to follow the week's Challenge Theme, and...
  • If you use a Sassy Cheryl image, your name gets entered TWICE into the drawing for a free Sassy Cheryl digi image!!
 So...how fun is that?!! OK...so now to this week's challenge...Miz Peggy, our very sweet and talented "hostess with the mostess" has chosen for this week's Sassy Cheryl's Challenge theme...

Fall Colors!!

Sooooo...I popped on over to Sassy Cheryl's Digis and found the perfect image! I tell ya, Cheryl has some of the cutest images...something for each and every occasion!! And...ta daaa...here's what I came up with...what'cha think?


This little "vintage-y" sweetheart is called "A little girl named May" and she's available from Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE. Now, here's the deal, those swirly thingies are actually butterflies...but I decided that they looked a bit like swirling leaves! So, that's what I went with!! Swirling leaves...yep...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! I think it works, tho, don't you? Here's a slightly different angle....


 And my card "recipe"...

Cardstock: Stampin' Up (Very Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp, River Rock)
DPs: K & Co. (Julianne Collection)
Dies: Mariannes Creatables (Leaves), Cheery Lynn Designs (Doily), & Nestabilities
Metal filagree corners & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
"Young at Heart" sentiment, lace, ribbon, & pearls: my "stash"
Embossing folder (inside top) Cuttlebug (Goochie Script)


 This little darlin' was colored with Copics & Prismacolor Pencils...
  • E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
  • R20 (cheeks)
  • E25, 23, 21, 51, & YR 21 (hair)
  • YG97, 93, 91, G40. & W2 (jumper and socks)
  • E09, 07, 07, 04, 02, 01 (blouse and boots)
  • YG93, G20, W2 (grass/ground)
  • W1 & 000 (shading)
 Here's a peek at the inside...

  
Alright my lovelies, it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to check out all the gorgeousness by Miz Peggy and the rest of Cheryl's talented Sassy DT!!

We'd love for you to check out  Sassy Cheryl's adorable images.HERE where there's a "Buy TWO, get ONE FREEEEEE Sale" going on!! Wheeeeeeee!! And we'd also love for you to join in this week's challenge...just remember to following this week's "Fall Colors" theme! And...remember to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's!!

Oh...one last photo...yep, the "artsy fartsy" one (and you thought I forgot! hehehe!)...


And that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comments that always make me smile!! Have a splendiferously sassy week!! Hugsssssssss....