Thursday, January 10, 2013

Let's Try Something New at Mo's!!

Well, well, well . . . here it is Thursday again . . . one of my very fave days of the week! And, you know why, right? Because it's challenge time at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog, of course!! This week, the lovely and talented Iulia is our hostess . . . and she's chosen the theme . . .

Something New!

Cool, huh? Sooooo . . . here's what I came up with . . .
OK . . . I've been stalking Mo's Store  the past week or so! Hehehe! Mo has been extra busy creating all kinds of fabulous new images . . . including this one called What to Draw? which I absolutely had to have!! You can find this cutie HERE at Mo's online store. (Oh . . . and there's also a "boy" version available HERE!!) So, that's my first NEW item!

The other "Something New" I used is the quilled flower set I just got! My sweet friend and DT sistah, Cathy, used some quilled daisies on her Mo card last week. I loved 'em so much . . . and, of course, I ordered them immediately!! hehe! So . . . TWO "new" things on my card this week! That's pretty good, huh? Here's a close-up of the new funky flowers I made. . .
I had to laugh, though. As easy as these flowers are to make (and they really ARE easy), I ended up with glue all over myself! hahaha! Apparently I'm a very messy artist! LOL!! But I gotta say, I am quite pleased with the way they turned out!! Here's a sort of side view of my card . . .
My Card "Recipe" . . .
Cardstock & ink on edges by Stampin' Up:
Melon Mambo, Taken With Teal, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine, & So Saffron
DPs: "Sidewalks" by October Afternoon
 Scalloped rectangle dies: Spellbinders
Quilled Daisy Set: Cuttlebug
Front sentiment: American Art Stamp Co.
Ribbon, brad, charm, & inside sentiment: My stash
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
I had such fun making this card . . . funky colors, funky flowers, funky embellies! I tell ya, I held back nothing!! Maybe this is my reward for making a Clean & Simple card two days ago! hehehe! And what perfect sentiments, huh? I love 'em both! Here's a "close-up" of the inside sentiment . . . 
I love it!! And . . . of course, here's my "artsy" view . . .
So . . . now it's your turn . . . but before you get craftin', first you'll want to head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's easy . . . just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and start creating!!

Oh, oh, oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants! What an easy and fun way to get some new Mo images, right?!

Okey dokey . . . that's it for me! Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving such sweet comments. Hugs . . . .
. . .