Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We're doing CAS at Sassy Cheryl's!

Howdy doo, kiddos!! Guess what? It's Tuesday again! Where is this year going?! haha! I figured I'd start saying that earlier this year! hehe! Oh . . . but guess what . . . it's time for another challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And, guess who's hostess this week? Well . . . as luck would have it, it's the very sassy ME!! And, for some really insane reason (there may have been Bloody Mary's involved), I've decided that this week's theme should be . . .
"Clean & Simple"
What the what?! Everyone knows that I don't do Clean & Simple. In fact, when I mentioned to my husband that I'd chosen "CAS" for this week's theme, he just rolled his eyes! See? Even he knows!! So . . . after several hours of trial and error, here's what I came up with . . . 
What I want to know is this . . . does "Clean & Simple" mean that the card LOOKS "clean & simple"? Or does it mean that it was "simple" to make? "Cuz I think this card looks CAS . . . but it sure wasn't simple to make!! hehe! I've discovered that strategically placed embellies can hide a multitude of "goofs"! LOL! OK . . . enough blethering . . . do you recognize this cutie patootie? 
Why, it's Sassy Sally, of course!! And she's pretending she's "The Cat in the Hat"! Maybe that's why Sassy Cheryl named this image "Sassy Sally Plays Dr. Seuss"! You can find her HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis. Don'tcha just love that sentiment? That's me for sure . . . in fact, I seem to be "I'm growing older . . . but not up!" Bwahahaha! Here's a side view, sort of . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Very Vanilla & Black cardstock: Stampin' Up
Yellow ribbon: Stampin' Up
Corner dies: Whimsy
Embossing folders: Pocket Watches (Tim Holtz) & Polka Dots (Cuttlebug)
Front sentiment: Whimsy
Inside sentiment: Hero Arts
Copic Sketch markers & color pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, of course . . .
So, there ya have it . . . Clean & Simple (at least I think it is!) Now . . . please visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what my talented DT sistahs have created this week! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! Oh, and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for your very sweet comments! Great big "sassy" hugs . . . .