Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Bling" in the Sun!

Happy Tuesday!! Are you enjoying your Summer?! I sooooooo can't wait for vacation! I NEED to be on a beach and splashing around in the Caribbean!! Soon . . . but not soon enough!! In the meantime . . . there's another cool challenge happening at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog!! Our very sweet Miz Dawn has chosen a rather interesting challenge theme . . .

"Bling in the Sun!"

Hmmmm . . . well, I'm not quite sure if she was thinking "bling" or "sun" . . . or BOTH! So, since I can never make up my mind . . . I decided to use both! hehe!!
Surprise!! It's Maddie and Max! Yay!! This is another fabby new Sassy Cheryl image . . . and, I gotta tell ya, I love ALL of the new "Maddie & Max" digi images. This one is called "Shy Little Swimmers." I'm not sure if they're shy . . . or if they're "investigating" something and just being "stealthy"!! I decided to paper piece the pool . . . and add some grass with bling! (What the what?!) Here's a close-up . . .
When I saw this image, I couldn't help but reminisce about my own childhood! We had a very cool pool . . . 8 feet by 6 feet (I think) and 12 inches deep! Now here's the funny thing . . . my mother (a former lifeguard at the Mississippi River and licensed RN) told us we had to wait 30 minutes after eating before we could get in the pool! Why? Well . . . she didn't want us getting a cramp and DROWNING, of course!! ROTFL!! And we never questioned her logic!! Go figure!! I wonder if Maddie and Max had to wait a half hour too!! You can find this adorable image HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store!! And while you're there, be sure to check out all of the cool new images! Here's kind of a side angle . . .
 My Card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Poppy Parade & White cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "From the Sea-Too" by Mary Fran for Nitwits
Wonky Rectangles dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Grass die and sun stamp: Magnolia
Sentiment tags: LOTV
Inside sentiment: Stampendous
Ribbon & bling: My stash
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

A peek at the inside . . . 

And, of course, the "ahhhhtsy fahhhhtsy" view . . .
And . . . that's what I've been up to!! Please be sure to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a look at what Dawn and the rest of my talented Design Teamies have created for this week's inspiration!

Thanks so much for visiting!! Hugs . . . until next time!